Appointments, Privacy, & Insurance
Every patient is unique and so is every one of our appointments. Please call us at 410.224.4446 to discuss your medical concerns and we will personally schedule you an appointment that meets your needs and busy schedule.
We have time for you! All New Patient Appointments are 60 minutes and most Follow Up Appointments are 30 minutes.
Many treatments we offer are covered by insurance. However, the office does provide non-covered treatments, items and programs for which payment is due at the time of the service/purchase. To clarify any questions about insurance or request an estimate, please call our office.
Dr. Sutter is a specialist so a referral is required for all HMO visits.
Insurances we DO NOT participate with:
• Johns Hopkins Health US Family Health Plan
• Kaiser Permanente
• Medicaid (all medical assistance)
• Medicare Advantage HMO (we do participate with Medicare)
• Priority Partners
• Tricare (we do take active military only)
• UHC Optimum Choice or MDIPA
• US Family Health Plan
• Workman’s Compensation
• Please complete all new patient forms and bring with you to your appointment along with your driver license (or other official form of photo ID) and insurance card. Please also bring any current laboratory results, x-ray, MRI, CT studies and reports.
• We participate with a number of insurance companies. Please contact your insurance company to verify that Dr. Sutter is listed as a participating provider. If you have an HMO, Dr. Sutter is a specialist so a referral from your primary care physician will be needed. The office also provides several non-covered services, and payment for these is expected at the time of service. To clarify any concerns regarding your insurance, please contact our office.
• If you must cancel your appointment please do so with 48-hours notice, as we reserve 60 minutes of the physician’s time for your new patient appointment. We know that your time is important so we do not double-book appointments so please show us the courtesy to cancel your appointment with 48 hours advance notice. We often have a waiting list, so someone else in need, could take advantage of the appointment time.